Best Top 4 Valentine's Day Beauty Ideas
1.Maximize Your Lashes
All you need is the right mascara and these tips from makeup artist Dick Page:
- Start by curling your lashes. Gently pinch lashes at the roots and then move along the length, making pulse-like squeezes as you go.
- Apply mascara by wiggling the wand back and forth at the roots to deposit as much of it as possible before pulling the wand straight up.
- To make lashes look long and separated, apply three coats of mascara—but comb through the mascara while it's still wet with a clean, dry spooley brush.
2.Get Smooth Lips
- Exfoliate: Slather on a lip balm with a touch of alphy hydroxy acid, such as EI Solutions Lip Refine.
- Moisturize: Apply a creamy balm containing petrolatum, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, or ceramides. (Try Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Balm, or Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25). Avoid waxy formulas (their ingredients may not penetrate) as well as anything heavily flavored or fragranced (which can make chapping even worse).
- Add color: Try a tinted balm like Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15, Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer, or Benefit Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15. Or, if these are too tame, check out our favorite long-wearing lip colors.
Recommend Valentine Day's Special Lip Care Products
3. Refresh Your Complexion
Exfoliate once or twice a week with an at-home peel containing glycolic, alpha hydroxy, or salicylic acid. After the first peel, "your skin will look shinier and more taut," says dermatologist Katie Rodan, and after four weeks, it'll look even better.
For normal skin: Use a one-step salicylic or glycolic acid peel, such as Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel or Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care Gentle Complexion Correction Pads.
For oily or combination skin: Choose peels meant to be used every day, like Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel or Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel.
For sensitive skin: Use a gentle peel—such as __L'Oréal Paris Dermo Expertise ReNoviste Anti-Aging Peel Kit—__no more than once a week.
Best Skin Care Product for Valentine's Day
4. Try a Scented Body Oil
For smooth, glowing skin all over, switch from your normal lotion and apply a lightly fragranced body oil. Our favorites: Nars Monoï Body Glow II, which is scented with the Tahitian tiare flower, a type of gardenia; the clean-smelling Neutrogena Light Sesame Oil; and Lisa Hoffman Spa Shower Body Oil, with bergamot and ginger.
Best Scented Body Oil Products for Valentine's Day